If I buy my 1st SLR today, I may not pick a Canon

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Belgiumfan
New MemberPosts: 10Gear list
Like?
Re: Good
In reply to hesbehindyou, Apr 20, 2012

I'm in the market for my first DSLR (upgrading from a Sony HX100V) and tomorrow I'm going into town to try out the 2 I have in mind (that's right a Canon 600D and Nikon D5100) now I know that asking which is better is like asking which football team should I support....

BUT the reason I am posting this here is because I am more in favour of the Canon, I have a friend with a 500D and some of the photo's he's taken are breath taking - this is what first lead me to Canon but when doing a bit of research it's biggest rival the 5100 featured in every comparison.

Now having held both of these cameras to me the Canon just fitted my hand better, the button layout was superior and the menu system was much better to navigate.

So tomorrow I'll take my memory card with me and try both cameras in shop (putting them through their paces) and see which comes out on top - my heart is with the Canon but as they say we'll see.

Belgiumfan's gear list:Belgiumfan's gear list
Canon EOS 600D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GoodNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow