Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rebel99
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,211
Like?
canon 100mm f2.8IS macro v Zeiss 100mm f2.0 makro
Apr 20, 2012

hi, i am about to order either a canon 100mm f2.8IS macro or a Zeiss 100mm f2.0 makro lens in a few days but i am not sure which way to go.i understand well the features of both lenses, such as canon with IS and 1:1 macro capabilities verses Zeiss f2.0, manual focusing, and 1:2 macro capabilities., and Zeiss lens is almost twice as much in price as canon's. none of those features are deal breaker for me, including price, as i'll use either one with 1dmk4 that i have or 1Dx cameras(when available), so my point comes down to IQ and not feeling "wish i got the other one" afterwards. i'll be using either one as portrait, landscape, or special occasion lens, which one would you buy and why based on each lens' merit? i would appreciate the input of owners of either lens to help me with my decision, thanks in advance.

cheerz.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow