ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jk4747
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
D3200 vs D90
Apr 20, 2012

Hi,

I know there are numerous numerous D90 vs. other cameras threads. I've read many of them, and finally decided to order a D90 last week. This is an upgrade for me from point-and-shoot, and my intention with the camera is to be able to do the things I currently can't, use mostly in full manual mode, raw, so I can process the image myself on my computer.

I would say I mainly shoot in nature - ranging from close-up macro shots to landscape. Since I'm new to this level of camera, some of the more technical terms elude me as to what they mean in actual practice for my photographic experience.

I chose the D90 because it sounded solid and would give me room to grow, without overwhelming me to impossibility with bells and whistles I won't use (D7000). I believe in buying once, rather than starting small and outgrowing, with a purchase this size.

All this said, the D3200 has me intrigued. Not the pixel count, but the price point. I'm curious what I would be missing out on if I cancelled my D90 order (it's on backorder), and bought this instead. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Nikon D3200 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow