Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
paulj623
Regular MemberPosts: 295Gear list
Like?
Returning G1X sadly
Apr 20, 2012

I must say the G1X is a wonderful camera for the pictures that i was taking. Everything about it was great except for one thing. The size. I did read some of the reviews but until you hold the camera do you really realize how big the camera is. With that said I also have a 7d and a g12 so in my world the camera either fits in the pocket or it doesnt. My g12 can fit in my pocket or a nice case attached to the belt. The G1X no chance so from my perspective if i am going to have to carry a camera i will take the 7d. If the camera were a little smaller hands down would have replaced the g12. If someone is looking to compliment their pocket camera but is turned off by a DSLR then by all means the G1X is the cameras you are looking for. Picture quality was great but for me at $799 it wasnt that much better than my G12 for the carrying around.

paulj623's gear list:paulj623's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +4 more
Canon EOS 7D Canon PowerShot G12
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow