RAW; DCRAW for Canon SX220HS; Linux Expert Needed

Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
David G O Smith
Regular MemberPosts: 193
Like?
Re: RAW; DCRAW for Canon SX220HS; Linux Expert Needed
In reply to Don_Campbell, Apr 20, 2012

What I understand you to be saying is that CHDK already knows how to output hacked RAW files in DNG format: in other words, the peculiarities of the particular camera can be dealt with by CHDK. I have never tried to get CHDK to output its RAW files in DNG format. I shall look into this and certainly, if I succeed, then I imagine that no further work needs to be done.

Your explanation and suggestions are very much appreciated. They seem to solve a general CHDK problem.

I have had some success with RawTherapee, in particular with its deconvolution sharpening, but it used to crash one of my computers. My preferred workflow with my former Olympus E-3 was to shoot in RAW, have Quimage Studio convert the RAW files to color-corrected thumbnails (Qimage had a color profile for the E-3) and then process the shots I liked in DCRAW to 16-bit linear TIFF files. I then edited in Helicon Filter. I had Adobe Photoshop Elements a while back but did not much like it except for its excellent healing brush.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow