Our OVF / EVF problem

Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Plastek
Contributing MemberPosts: 554Gear list
Like?
Again the OVF BS. Camera is not a binocular!
In reply to goetz48, Apr 20, 2012

Again this crap.
Why should I care if viewfinder sees what I see?
Do I make a photos with my eyes and save them in my brain?
No - I make them with camera sensor and save on the memory card.

Therefore viewfinder should display a picture that sensor will record . To represent final result as close as possible. And actually be a valid photography tool.

That was the entire point of designing SLRs in a first place.

Before them you had a viewfinders that didn't displayed anything close to what film recorded - there was a parallax error, there was an issue with using tele or ultra-wide lenses... and than some genius build a first DSLR which allowed you to finally see the picture that was close to what film recorded - no issues with using lenses of extreme focal lengths or shooting in macro mode.

Now we move even closer to what a design of DSLR tried to achieve through SLT design - and yet somehow people just don't seem to understand it.

Neither current OVFs nor EVFs can view exactly what will be recorded on a photograph, sadly, but IMO: EVFs are closer.

If I would want to use viewfinder as a way of perceiving world in some... enhanced or simply: different way - I would buy myself a binoculars, not an SLR.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow