Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
camerashopminion
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
X100 stuck in bulb!?
Apr 20, 2012

Heya, wondering if some of the long-term X100 users can share some insight.

Sold my D300 and took the plunge on an X100 about a month back - first unit I got had a fault (woohoo), the camera was convinced the lens was obstructed and was permanently locked up as a result, less said about that the better but I got a replacement.

Today, I switched on my NEW X100 (which I've had a week) and the camera was set to bulb -haven't gone lower than 1/30 in the time I've had it, and the dial was on 1/250. Better yet, it was STUCK in bulb. Adjusting the shutter and aperture dials did nothing, exposure comp, none of it. In fact, when I turned it off, the viewfinder stayed lit up for a good while, until I took the battery out. Once the battery was back in, it behaved fine.

Is this something you've encountered before? The first faulty unit has made me worry about this more than I normally would, and I don't want to hang on to an unreliable camera. If it happens again I'm tempted to get a refund and buy a motorbike so I can get around easier with my D7000...

Settings at the time:

1/250, f/11, Manual Focus (approx. 10m), ND on, 200 ISO, Raw + jpeg, everything else set to default. Using the OVF at the time.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D300 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow