Started Apr 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RetLaEnvEmp
Forum MemberPosts: 92
Like?
Open Letter to Pentax USA -- Pricing & Marketing Stink
Apr 20, 2012

Ned - you screwed up royal in your new pricing policy for Pentax in the United States. The roles in our relationship are very simple -- Pentax makes cameras and lenses; retailers of some form (camera stores or on-line mail order) sell them; and we customers buy them. You can spin the "buzz words" around all you want, add the alphabet soup (MSRP et al ...) and put in all the layers and reasons for changes but simply put your company, Pentax, doubled the prices that we pay.

I don't care about your marketing problems (they are YOUR problems); I don't care that retail brick and mortar local will not carry your Pentax products (your Pentax company screwed up and again it is your problem and not my creation). The local retail store that I have bought my three (3) Pentax cameras from does not have a Pentax camera in stock and did not have a Pentax lens in stock when I bought my K-5 last year. Why? Your problem again. The local camera stores are going out of business and business is changing. Again, this is not my problem. Who is going to sell your products and why the hell do we customers have to pay double the price through the nose for products that are 5 to 10 years old in design and production is my beef.

Your "marketing channel" is being fixed. Fix it with YOUR money not MY money.

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow