ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lita
Regular MemberPosts: 138
Like?
SD1 Dpreview test: which 50mm was used?
Apr 20, 2012

Hi:

I am playing around a bit with the test raw file @100 ISO and I can see that the in the corners (Royal Arms on the Martini bottle, the lettering on the batteries and the very fine lettering at the bottom of the blue dial of the watch) some blurring. Upon close inspection, once interpolated through S-Spline, this blurring looks to me as the result of the optical limitations of the lens used.

I was wondering if anyone knew which 50mm was used (SPP says 50mm). Presumably the newer 50mm F1.4, because if it was the macro, it would say 50mm macro, right?

In any event, if I am right, it underlines how demanding the sensor is from the lenses. I certainly would have preferred the 70mm macro for this test.

I actually was repeating the test Mr. Gary Mercer was describing in an earlier post he made about the comparison between the D800 and the SD1. Once interpolated to the size of the D800, the only areas where I see the SD1 suffering are the ones described above and I feel this as a bit unfair towards the SD1, although the cropping favors the SD1.

Has anyone else noticed that?

Nikon D800 Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow