ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
JPG
JPG
Senior MemberPosts: 1,203
Like?
Conclusion After a Day With The NEX-7:
Apr 20, 2012

After getting everything set up and working with it, my conclusion is that the NEX-7 is just a NEX-5 on steroids. If you loved the NEX-5, as I did, then you'll probably love the NEX-7 even better. If you didn't like the NEX-5, you most likely will not like the NEX-7 either.

What I really like is the EVF. For once I don't have to wear my glasses where I always had to with an LCD only camera. Only time I need glasses is reviewing the pics where I always have to use LCD.

With focus peaking, who needs automatic focusing? It's manual focusing all the way for me. If you keep the ISO high, 400 or higher, you have a fast shutter and don't really need IS. Now, the problem is, my 50mm. Leica R lenses are now more like 70mm., -almost telephoto. Too much for cityscapes and streets. Looks like I'm going to have to start looking for an Elmait-R 24mm. or a 28mm. lens.
But, that's my first impressions after a day on the streets.

Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow