LR4 CA correction on sel50f18

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
seachicken2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,695Gear list
Like?
Re: as seachicken said, get to F4 or smaller
In reply to dumokun80, Apr 19, 2012

dumokun80 wrote:

but the beauty of the 50mm is to use that sweet f1.8 right?

it was also super bright/sunny when the shot was taken, would a polarizing filter have helped?

I agree, sometimes it's gotta be f/1.8. You've also just about exceeded my knowledge on the subject. Here's the rest of what I know.. I think there are 2 types of fringing going on in your images.

The first is a property of the lens, objects the far side of the focus point get cyan fringes and magenta the near side. Even the best lenses do this at wide apertures, unfortunately. I think the only thing you can do about it is to stop down.

The other type: "purple fringing" occurs around bright highlights and looks more severe. I've read this is caused by IR light. I'm not sure it's true but it's plausible to me as IR exposes as purple in my IR converted NEX, and IR focuses differently to visible light. The NEX has a UV/IR cut filter in front of the sensor but it doesn't cut it all. Perhaps you can add a UV/IR cut filter in front of the lens to suppress the purple fringes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_fringing

-- hide signature --

"The only thing that gets in the way of a really good photograph, is the camera"
Norman Parkinson

seachicken2000's gear list:seachicken2000's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow