ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drgibson
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Best USB card reader for SD cards
Apr 19, 2012

The last thread I found on this subject was

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1017&message=26224042&changemode=1
Titled
Best high-speed usb card readers? (4 messages)
Started by Leicaman
Date/Time 1:33:36 AM, Thursday, December 27, 2007 (GMT)

The ImageMate Sandisk looked promising but included these comments on Amazon
BEGIN AMAZON QUOTED REVIEWS

Worked for a year then died...., October 17, 2011
By Nonprophet (Portland, Oregon) - See all my reviews

This review is from: SanDisk ImageMate All-in-1 Flash Memory Card Reader (Personal Computers)

I know nothing lasts forever, but these weren't cheap new ($30+) and I thought Sandisk was a reputable company......

Anyway, it worked fine for about a year, then died--and we're not talking heavy use or any abuse. I think I'll try a different company for my next one......

SECOND BAD REVIEW

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible--broke 4 months after buying, October 14, 2011
By
C, Hyde - See all my reviews

This review is from: SanDisk ImageMate All-in-1 Flash Memory Card Reader (Personal Computers)

This was a pretty decent card reader for a few months, but 4 months after purchasing it stopped reading CF cards. Needless to say, I'll be looking for a reader from some other manufacturer now.

END OF AMAZON QUOTED REVIEWS

Has anyone here used the newer verlsion Sandisk ImageMate® All-in-One USB 3.0 Reader for any length of time. The above comments, while strictly a small minority worry me about Sandisk. I am open to suggestions on other possible readers. I need a SD reader because I want to use SD cards to transfer and store files between a Mac/PC and iPad with an AirStash unit (that uses SD) that I can take extra storage with me when I travel and leave the heavy computers behind. The cameras I use are actually CF cameras. Therefore a reader that reads both CF and SD would be preferred but not absolutely critical as I can always read the CF cards when I get home.

Thank you for any tips and suggestions,
David

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow