Some with 50 f1,8 oss

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
seachicken2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,724Gear list
Like?
Re: Some with 50 f1,8 oss
In reply to El Matadurr, Apr 19, 2012

El Matadurr wrote:

Some people demand perfection, plain and simple, and it's a fact that the 50mm OSS is tack sharp at f/4 and above, with "softness" at larger apertures, which is really only viewable at a pixel level, hence the perfectionism.

Here's a crop 100% crop from mine about 2/3 of the way to the border at f/1.8. The image embedded in this thread looks soft, but look at the original file and you'll see it's VERY sharp.

On paper it's not as sharp as at other apertures, but that's just numbers. The reality is that it's so sharp it's never going to be an issue for me, and I'm fussy. The extremes of the image are another matter and I'd stop down to get them sharp, but for portraits I'm far more concerned about the purple fringing and getting the DoF I want.

-- hide signature --

"The only thing that gets in the way of a really good photograph, is the camera"
Norman Parkinson

seachicken2000's gear list:seachicken2000's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow