Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sam Bennett
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,235Gear list
Like?
Re: We are so spoiled.
In reply to Michael Kaufman, Apr 19, 2012

Michael Kaufman wrote:

Sam Bennett wrote:

I only shoot RAW, but this result definitely gives me pause. In the detailed areas, the E-M5 hangs pretty well, but in the shadow areas in the clothes (look at the blue shirt on the bottom left), there's a lot of ugly Chrominance Noise which can be pretty awful looking, even in a print. Hopefully shooting RAW and processing in Lightroom will produce better results.

Look how far we have come. ISO 3200, and the amount of noise is so minor that you had to tell us exactly where to look to find something objectionable. And even then it isn't so bad that it can't be cleaned up.

No argument, but part of what I'm doing here is weighing whether the difference between my GF2's and the E-M5 is worth the upgrade. There's a lot of hyperbole about how well the E-M5 performs at high ISOs, so it's sometimes hard to cut through that and get at the truth. Ultimately I really just need one in my hands to figure out how well it performs in the conditions I typically shoot in. Luckily some local friends have picked up E-M5s, so hopefully I'll get some quality time with one soon.

Sam Bennett's gear list:Sam Bennett's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow