Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
drusus
Contributing MemberPosts: 633Gear list
Like?
Accessory to get baby's attention?
Apr 19, 2012

I have had difficulty finding an accessory that I think should exist. When I take pictures of my baby and call for his attention, he often refuses to look. Yes, I realize he may be signaling to me, "enough with the camera already", but I'd like to try a different method that could save him and me the aggravation of repeated attempts, if it works.

I imagine a small plastic animal, like a bird, attached to a pedestal that fits on the hotshoe. Ideally, a button near its base could be pressed with the left thumb so that the animal does a little sound and motion, like a bird opening its beak and a making a chirping sound.

In my imagination, I could press this once, get my baby to look at the camera, take my snapshot, and be done with it, compared to the annoying repetition of his name coming from my, by now, not very novel face. I know, I could hold a finger puppet in my left hand, but then shooting at 1/50 s would be difficult with one hand.

Does anyone know if such an accessory exists? Or perhaps some other method of getting a child's attention once, briefly, and reliably? When I search for camera birdie, I don't find much that is relevant. Whn I add the word hotshoe to the search, I think the first three letters of this word plus the word birdie leads to results of a completely different, unexpected, and undesired nature (I think birdie might mean something I didn't know in some variants of English).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Drusus

drusus's gear list:drusus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow