Any Known Issues with Lenses?

Started Apr 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
tyb
tyb
Senior MemberPosts: 2,620Gear list
Like?
Re: Any Known Issues with Lenses?
In reply to benjaminblack, Apr 19, 2012

Do a google search, you'll find complaints and issues galore with every high end lense! When people pay 1K and sometimes 2K or more they have high expectations.

Clearly there were noted issues real or preceived issues with all the Nikon lense. If you read enough reviews to sort thru the fanobois/peepers to the real phoographers than you get a broader view of each lense strenght and weakness.

I have two of the 3 holy trinity. They are fine.. do I wish they were better in some aspect yes.

My 70-200VRii is part of the first run. Had the infamous speckles / pixe dust finish inside and ragged looking rings too. In 3 years of heavy indoors and outdoor use in less than perfect weather it is still producing marvelous images and lighting fast focus. These days it does seem to squeak in cold weather. Is that an issue.. well my mercedes isn't perfect either after 10 years and 100K+ miles. My 24-70, recenlty acquired is a bit soft wide open at 24... etc. etc.

In the end you need to step back you have made the switch.. your next decision is you have Sigma, Tamron, Nikon to choose from... pick your poison.

tyb's gear list:tyb's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow