white iMac Lion blues

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
mbaginy
Senior MemberPosts: 1,792
Like?
Those Lion Blues
In reply to d80russ, Apr 19, 2012

I'd upgraded both my MacBook Pro 13" and iMac 27" (Core i3) to Lion. While the MBP runs like a champ, then iMac keeps losing wifi connection (every 30 seconds or so).

Returning to Snow Leopard is no option for me since i need Lion to access iCloud - with mobile me shutting down shortly. m I've read and tried most of the advice given in forums to regain stable wifi access on my iMac but to no avail. I now have a cable connection. As I said, the MBP runs great and has absolutely no wifi or other problems.

Did you sign up for an extended warranty? I did and have access to a very helpful Apple hotline. That extension also covered replacement of my iMac screen (which developed dark blotches) and a replacement DVD drive.

I've never visited the Genius Bar but that might be helpful. Can you phone them? But I guess that would be like a hotline, so maybe not possible.

After some weeks on becoming accustomed to Lion, I now like it quite well. A bit like getting used to Lightroom 4 - which I now thoroughly enjoy! Sadly, my Silverfast scanner software doesn't run with Lion and I'm waiting for the manufacturer to release an updated version.

Good luck!
--
Mike

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow