Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Danel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,904Gear list
Like?
D3200 is brilliant IMHO
Apr 19, 2012

This camera will likely crank out the best APS-C lower ISO photos on the planet. It likely has the same sensor and at least as good, if not better IQ than the Sony NEX 7 at half the price. The next closest APS-C camera with this sensor in terms of price is the Sony A65 with a translucent mirror and that camera costs $300 more.

Some times people get all wrapped up in a feature, or where some button is or isn't, and miss the point that the lower ISO IQ (where most people take most of their photos) will likely be absolutely stellar with this camera. Indeed, the best APS-C IQ ever achieved at this price point. I think this camera is a real break through slam dunk for Nikon at this price point.

For D3100 owners and point and shoot up graders this camera will make a really sweet upgrade. For higher end DSLR users who want a low cost, light weight, back up camera, this is the one to get. Heck, it will probably even beat the lower ISO IQ of their more expensive camera. I see an awful lot to like and not much to really complain about with the D3200 (though I know many will complain anyway ).

I predict a massively successful sales future for this camera.

Danel's gear list:Danel's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Canon PowerShot G15 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +5 more
Nikon D3100 Nikon D3200 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow