Flat view
PhotoKhan
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,677
Like?
Let's see what TIPA has to say.
Apr 19, 2012

I just sent this:

"Dear Sirs,

Relating to your recently announced XXII TIPA AWARDS (2012), I would like to request clarification about the process that lead to attribution of the "Best Digital SLR Professional" 2012 award to the Canon EOS-1D X.

Being that the camera in reference has not yet been launched, how can it fulfill your stated criteria of voting " for the best photo & imaging products introduced to the market during the previous 12 months. "?

Also, I cannot see how production units could be available by the 24th of March (the date when your voting annual meeting was held in Cape Town) since Canon, themselves, just recently postponed the launching date of the said model from April to June due to (by Canon own account) " a delay in mass production ". As such, the only units available for the jurors to deliberate must have been pre-production models, hardly representative of the typical production samples. Also, the price for the camera by the time the meeting date was held could only be determined by Canon's stated intentions, not actual open market pricing.

Given these two facts, how could have the jurors deliberated about " ease-of-use, as well as price/performance ratio "?

Dear Sirs,

Please clarify the process that lead to the attribution of this specific TIPA award, so that your claims of " Some are sold, others are bought. But thanks to our independent voting procedure, only the products that really deserve it can unexpectedly win a TIPA Award " can be validated.

Also, please be advised that it is my intention to publicize this query, together with your reply, amidst the global photo-enthusiasts community.

Best Regards."

PK
--
“Loose praise may feed my ego but constructive criticism advances my skills”
-------------------------------------------------
http://www.pbase.com/photokhan
(PBase Supporter)

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow