Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
since1968
Contributing MemberPosts: 565Gear list
Like?
X-Pro1 in low light + bling factor compared to X100
Apr 19, 2012

Straight out of camera at ChurchKey last night in DC. Autofocus nailed the eye in a very dark bar. Skin tones look a little red to me but that can be cleaned up in post.

I took 15 shots, only one of which missed focus. The autofocus took about a second to lock each time. Subjectively I would describe the focus speed in low light as "slow compared to a high end DSLR which I don't own and would have left at home anyway." Or "fast compared to any other camera I've ever owned, most of which would not have been able to capture this image in this light at this quality." Anyway, put me down as very happy with the autofocus performance and IQ.

Bling factor: the last time I was in a bar with my X100, everyone oohed and aahed and wanted to hold the camera. I am not the kind of guy who likes to pass a $1000+ camera around a bar. With the X-Pro1, nobody noticed and nobody cared. This is how it should be.

-- hide signature --
 since1968's gear list:since1968's gear list
Sony RX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Sony Alpha 7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow