OM-D: Which digital storage card should I get?

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 2,744Gear list
Like?
Re: OM-D: Which digital storage card should I get?
In reply to Marc, Apr 19, 2012

Marc wrote:

I picked up 3 x 8GB class 10 Transcend cards for £10 which I thought was a great deal. I tried one out in my GF1 while I wait for the E-M5 and was amazed at how much faster they were compared to my previous class 6 cards.

I prefer to have several smaller capacity cards as opposed to one large one so I don't lose all my photos if something goes wrong.

Fair enough, but I have had an SD card (as well as multiple USB flash sticks) go through the entire washing machine washing and tumble drying cycle and still retain all the data. So I am happy with 16GB as it's the sweet spot capacity now and your deal is not often seen.

In most current cameras, class 6 and class 10 cards should show a difference. However, whether "super" class 10 cards (published speeds of 30, 45 and 90+) would make a difference is rather camera specific. I'd guess in a camera like the GF1 they will be the same as the regular cheap class 10. My 45 rated cards are subjectively the same as cheap class 10 off brands in my G3. However the OP might find them faster in the E-M5.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow