Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
halai
Contributing MemberPosts: 685Gear list
Like?
Pentax Pricing Make Sense...
Apr 19, 2012

at least for the DA* 50-135mm. I think the new price at $1149 US makes a lot of sense, and I believe it will stay at this price for the next few years. I know a lot of people don't like it, including myself, but if you really think about it, this is one of Pentax best zoom lenses and it has weather sealing. Compare this to the new Sigma 50-135mm which doesn't offer weather sealing, but it is selling for $1099. It makes no sense for Pentax to sell at $850.

Anyhow, I'm glad I got at a cheaper price, and I'm also happy with the lens so far. It took my a while to get a good copy, but at $850, I'm not going to complaint. Believe it or not, this is my third copy. My first copy, the lens didn't even want to focus. It felt like the motor got stuck some how. My second copy, and I believe this is the shipping company's fault because the box arrived damage. The lens was completely broken. All the glasses in the lens were broken in pieces. So finally my third copy arrived, and I'm liking it so far. Here are a few photos that I took from today. Sorry for the running nose on the 2nd picture, but my boy is sick.

Regards,
Halai

halai's gear list:halai's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Nikon Df
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow