Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greg Biggs
Senior MemberPosts: 2,048
Like?
DSLR Alternative
Apr 19, 2012

I am delighted with my Canon 7D when used in combination with my Canon 100-400 L series lens. Great bokeh and sharp detail, great color and versatility. Of course I like being able to use my 580 Speed Lite.Again , that adds more bulk though so it is not so handy for keeping the camera with me .

I am not really using it near as often as I would like to simply because it is a heavy bulky combo. It seriously is just not a camera I can easily taie with me in my daily travels.

That said, I am thinking I need to be getting myself a camera that is more compact that offers as many of the above mentioned features as possible.

Certainly the compacts I am aware of are going to produce fairly high noise after about ISO 400. Therefore, I expect that I will not be getting very good low light performance. Maybe there is a new camera that has come along since I last investigated that could surprise me though.

I know there are some with very impressive zoom range which is a big plus. I am thinking of the Canon S40 I think it is that has like a 35 X zoom. That zoom range is great with the exception of the fact that it will not produce the nice bokeh. I am not sure about the sharp detail being there.Do any of you know about that quality ? I am not saying this camera is my choice because I am not aware of the other alternatives that might be out here. I do prefer to stick with Canon as I have had very good performance from all my Canon cameras.

I would like to hear your thoughts on some of the cameras available I might not know about. I will just add that the reason I like that long zoom is because I like shooting wildlife and birds. I also enjoy portraits.Please do share what you can. Thanks
--
Thanks to you all for what you share so freely, It's my hope to be able to help
others as
well.

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow