It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools...(and light leaking...)

Started Apr 19, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Liberty555
Regular MemberPosts: 380
Like?
It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools...(and light leaking...)
Apr 19, 2012

There is so much negativity at times on this forum - it really can be a very depressing place to be... maybewe should call it dpressreview

Less than a week ago I made the move from a 7D to a 5D Mark III. I had hoped the move from the largely negative and flaming APS-C forum to the full frame forum would somehow put me in a more "professional" rarified atmophere with more constructive conversation.

Nope.

The talk about the light leak "issue" is interesting. No one has been able to demonstrate where it was actually affected a photo. Yes, there may be a change in exposure but I understand its with the lens cap on... Who takes photoswith the lens cap on?! Why illumnate the top LCD when you can have the lovely back screen showing you all the details in lovely his-res brght colour?

Now I'm no fan boy, but Canon have many skillful and experienced ambasadors and explorers of light. Many of them tested the 5D3 extensively for many tens of thousands of frames. They have HEAPS more skill and experience than me. If none of those pros had an issue with this, I'm sorry but its not going to effect (m)any of the contributors to this forum.

It is a poor craftsman who blames his tools...

I hope once people start actually (heaven forbid!) taking photos with the camera, all this will go by the way side.

Have a good day.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow