Suggestions for UWA (Tokina 11-16, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 8-16)

Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
jadawgis732
Regular MemberPosts: 306Gear list
Like?
Re: It does not make much sense
In reply to goetz48, Apr 18, 2012

goetz48 wrote:

to search for an UWA for both FF and APS-C. An UWA for FF is an intermediate lens for APS-C. And adding a 15mm to a 17mm is simply throwing out money by the window.

There are people writing before their brain has been started.

While I wouldn't go so far as to condone the last statement, my thinking in selecting these three lenses was the exact same.

RussAdams wrote:

The Samyang 8mm is a fabulous fun and cheap lens that gives just outstanding quality, regardless of the price! Outperforms lenses costing 10 times as much.

There is some chatter (including my own posts) about putting a chipped adapter on the lens to get SSS, but truly I've found it just isn't necessary. I bought the adapter, but ended up not putting it on.

I wouldn't imagine it is necessary either. That rule that says 1/focal length is the minimum shutter speed suggests that at 1/8" handheld will not be a problem. So I am not too worried about that. But I do want a zoom lens with autofocus, so I doubt I'd end up with that lens.

jadawgis732's gear list:jadawgis732's gear list
Sony SLT-A57 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow