Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ithacaartist
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Promaster
Apr 18, 2012

Newbie, here, basically to have a question answered. If I've posted in the wrong area, please move this. My story involves a Konica, so please bear with me...

Years ago, I traded the Voightlander rangefinder rig I inheriited from my uncle for another rig more suitable to my purposes: documenting my artwork, which is largely in the sculptural realm. I wound up with a Konica FC-1 with an auto-wind unit and Promaster auto zoom 28-80mm 1:35-4.5 macro lens, along with a few other doo-dads. The SLR was much more appropriate because when lighting a subject piece, you really have to see what the lens is seeing to be able to accurately manipulate highlighting, etc.

I'd like to go digital in this work, AND keep using this lens. I like its macro feature and it always did the job for me. It's not worth that much as a collectible, but I'd feel pretty triumphant if I could keep using it. I've Googled around a bit and noticed that other cameras than Konica have used it. Anyone know of a digital camera having a design able to accept it, perhaps with an adapter? My question is, is this possible? Or am I just nuts?!

David

p.s. I guess the FC-1 body and winder would be for sale, maybe the whole thing, lens and all; but that'll be another post.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow