Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BeautifulEarth18
Forum MemberPosts: 61
Like?
Safety in the Philippines with a DSLR
Apr 18, 2012

I've searched the forum and can't find anything about this so apologies if it has been asked somewhere.

Anyway, I'm thinking of taking a holiday to the Philippines either this year or next year. I've done some general research already and pretty much all research says that it's wise to not look rich. So don't wear expensive clothes, jewellery or carry expensive stuff. And they also warn against bags as these can also be a target for thieves.

Thing is, if I go there I'm going to be tempted to bring my DSLR. I can make it look quite small since it's a 550D/T2i and if I remove the battery grip and only use either my 50mm 1.4 or 17-40L it isn't very big. But even still, I'm sure this still looks quite expensive. Of course, the only other option is that in the time between now and me going that I get a small point and shoot as a substitute and forget the DSLR entirely. Though of course I'd rather have the DSLR if I can.

I'm wondering what other people's experience with expensive camera's in the Philippines are. Is it safe? Will I be a target for thieves? Should I just stick with a small point and shoot camera?

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow