KR Whipsaws Us Again - Coronation Now in Doubt?

Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
iwannabesedated
Senior MemberPosts: 1,036Gear list
Like?
KR Whipsaws Us Again - Coronation Now in Doubt?
Apr 18, 2012

Following closely on the heels of threatening to crown the 5D3 king, below are a few schizophrenic snippets from his most recent blog entry. As usual, KR is playing Nikon and Canon users off against each other for his own purposes. Wise up, people. -iwbs

On April 18, 2012, KR wrote:

"I want to get the Canon 5D Mark III and Fuji X-Pro1 out of my system so I can focus on the D800, since once I start thinking in 36 MP, all this sub-30MP baloney will be yesterday's news."

"The D800's auto-area AF system ("auto" in the settings) has an astounding ability to locate and then nail focus on the subject's nearest eye, and ignore distracting junk in the foreground.

"By comparison, the Canon 5D Mark III's auto AF area selection merely finds the nearest distraction, and focuses on that. Unlike the D800, the Canon just can't find the eyes."

"Canon's 5D Mark III is clueless. It can't find a face to help direct its AF system for beans."

"Why is Canon so much worse? I'm surprised you tech folks didn't pick up on this before I did: Canon's meters still can't see in color, so they can't find faces! The 5D Mark III can see in terms of cool-warm, but not full color."

iwannabesedated's gear list:iwannabesedated's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E Nikon D810 Sony RX100 II Nikon D200 +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow