Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Photo Exporter
Regular MemberPosts: 188
Like?
D7000 + Sigma 120-300OS + Airshow = Pics to share
Apr 18, 2012

Just sold my Nikon 70-200VRI & Sigma 150-500OS, and replaced them with the Sigma 120-300OS. Have only had it for 5 days, so this was the first test. Mostly happy with the performance (I am an inordinately picky pixel-peeper ;)). Air shows are quite a challenge: for the shooter, for the AF system, and due to the super hazy air from all the performer released smoke. The D7000 is decent at tracking, but (of course) not as good as my former D3's were. I am waiting (like so many others) for my D800. The 120-300 was used all day with the Sigma 1.4x TC (which it performs tremendously with). I just received the Sigma 2.0x TC, but did not get around to using it at the air show. Will get some testing (and images) up with that combo later. I also have some hummers shot with the 120-300 & 1.4 that I will post later this week. If you have any questions about the 120-300OS, let me know. All handheld for 5 hours (yes it is heavy :P). Click on the images for bigger versions. Hope you enjoy them!

Nikon D3 Nikon D7000 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow