Please can we have a 50mm f2 L macro!!

Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
dbm305
Contributing MemberPosts: 763Gear list
Like?
Re: One doesn't autofocus on macro
In reply to rsn48, Apr 18, 2012

I;ve had pretty good AF luck with the 100 2.8! If you are handholding then it makes a lot of sense (especially using servo to compensate for foreword and backward movement)

On a tripod at 1:1 manual is best I agree.

But remember I'm only talking about 1:2 here; it's more close up photography than true macro that a 50mm macro is best for. Otherwise the working distance is too short.

The earlier poster is right that the compact macro is f2.5; very encouraging - that slightly increases the chance that if it's upgraded we'll get f2.

Another posted suggested using AF confirm with the Zeiss; I do. With a tiny bit of MA it is very accurate. But still not fast enough for fast moving situations at least with my skills (and I do hail from the manual focus era I'm afraid so I have some skills...)

Finally someone suggested that it'd be hard to get weather sealing because of the extension. Internal focus is the answer: the 100 2.8L is sealed.

dbm305's gear list:dbm305's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow