ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
viciavillosa
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Which should i get? Nex 7 or X-Pro 1 ?
Apr 18, 2012

Hi!

I'm about to buy myself a new camera set as my birthday present. I'm looking for a new lenses-interchangeable system as addition to my current Canon set for travel portability purpose, since last time I took my Canon set with me for trekking and it turn out not only the images it produced but a backache for a week. So, I made up my mind, I won't kill by back for photography. I went looking through the reviews, opinions and come to decide between Sony NEX and Fuji X-Pro 1.

The NEX 7, I found it's very nice system with good price and few very tempting function like focus peaking. While on the downside, I personally found the body design looks like compact camera on steroid, not really possess aesthetic impression to me when I try it. Also, the primes Sony offer seem not to be on par with Fuji.

On the other hand, I really like Fuji looks, sensor and lenses seem to be best of its class. Some says, the AF and operation is terribly slow but I have been using my X100 with pure joy for half a year without any let down feeling. However, my doubt come to the price, would it worth 1k$ addition over NEX alternative?

I plan to buy a body with 35mm lenses and a M adapter for Zeiss C 50 1.5 (I really like its character for portrait, so that my girlfriend won't kill me for spending as I can says this one make her photo awesome. Ha)

I discover some of this forum members possess two system. I'd like to ask a few question as there are price difference between two systems. My questions are whether Fuji worth the premium? and How much the NEX 7 better as operational speed and usability concern?

Thanks a lot for any further advice.

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow