ZS20-Some impressions

Started Apr 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Baba Ganoush
Regular MemberPosts: 257Gear list
Like?
Re: ZS20-Some impressions Thank You All for your kind comments
In reply to photonconnection, Apr 18, 2012

photonconnection wrote:

Thanks to all of you who sent comments about my post.
It was my first and it was nice to see the photos so well received.

Glad to be of service,

RD

I have a ZS6, which is similar to the ZS5/7 but without the GPS, and I've been debating whether to replace my camera with either the ZS15 or ZS20. The longer reach of the ZS20 appeals to me since I use the ZS6 as a pocketable travel camera. Your side-by-side comparison is very interesting and almost has me convinced to buy the ZS19 from Costco, which is a ZS20 without the GPS. In looking at your shots taken with the ZS20 vs. the ZS7, I agree with others here who find the ZS20 photos both sharper and not as noisy. Regarding the latter, it's fair to point out, however, that your noise reduction settings for the two cameras were not identical. According to the Exif info, on the ZS20 you used the standard setting (under Pict. Adj. in the Record menu), but on the ZS7 you used the low setting. Whether that difference accounts for the greater noise level in each one of your ZS7 pictures I can't say. On the other hand, I also noticed that you raised the Sharpness setting for the ZS7 but used the normal Sharpness setting for the ZS20, which (to my eyes at least) is the camera that produced the sharper photos.

Baba Ganoush's gear list:Baba Ganoush's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS15 Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow