Lenstip reviews the E-M5

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
eilivk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,420Gear list
Like?
Re: Lenstip reviews the E-M5
In reply to Anders W, Apr 18, 2012

Thought you had G3. (Mine for repair/adjustment of the lens, soon will see how good it really is). Yes, the EM-5 came unexpected, but after all the rumours, outperforming D800 (!), let's see when the smoke clears. That is - a dpr review. Still have the feeling the best Nex must be better. With larger lenses of course.

But seems like Olympus (and Panasonic?) can do wonders with "small" sensors and small lenses. If GH3 is anywhere near EM-5 and the same grip and type of screen (and in body stabilization?) interesting.

Don't know if the "ants" expression works in Norwegian. Something like quicksilver in the a.. I mean in the back. No problem before I found dpr forums!

Anders W wrote:

eilivk wrote:

If half of this is true, a great camera. A bit hard to believe it can beat 5N with such a margin. Can't wait for the dpr review.

So Anders, this is your new camera, goodbye to G3?

It might well be. I have a G1 and it's certainly goodbye to that no matter what. I've never even considered the G3 but I was, and still am, very fond of the GH2. I was looking out for news about the GH3 (in order to decide whether to wait for it or buy the GH2) when the E-M5 unexpectedly appeared on the stage, putting "ants in my head". Does that expression work in Norwegian too?

Now Panasonic really has some work to do with GH3...

eilivk's gear list:eilivk's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Fujifilm FinePix F200EXR Canon PowerShot SX20 IS Ricoh CX4 Sony RX1 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow