Anyone found a suitable wrist strap for the E-M5 yet?

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
BruceB609
Regular MemberPosts: 341Gear list
Like?
The best Olympus grip strap.
In reply to Mike Koo, Apr 18, 2012

The E-1 design team put an extra eye into the HLD-2 battery grip for the Olympus strap shown here. Seems like the EM-5 team completely overlooked how well it worked.

The EM-5 appears to have a design flaw after all... as much as it intrigues me to buy one anyway. The grip strap (not a "camera strap") makes a great contribution to the handling of the camera and by the time you add the EM-5 extras, it will feel like anything else that could use a grip strap.

Apart from the added stability in the grasp, for me it's a more comfortable means of carrying the camera rather than a pendulum swing, neck rub or slide off a shoulder a neck strap offers. I walk for miles all over the city with the E-1 hanging from my hand. It's an effortless task. I don't have to tighten my very relaxed grip to keep it from falling as long as the strap is snug around my hand. The camera simply hangs. So little effort is used to carry the camera and it always has a critically faster handling speed to get the unexpected shot just around the next corner because it's already in my hand! Neck straps can too easily obstruct the viewfinder and cost a good shot. So often, they get in the way. They also use more space in a bag or case. They can be quite a nuisance. I'll only use one when I must have both hand free.

Well, I suppose Olympus must have copied Nikon designs and completely overlooked the advantage. Annoying... to say the least. I hope the new venture does really well and that other accessories companies see an opportunity to supply what Olympus seems to have considered insignificant on an EM-5.

-- hide signature --

BruceWB

BruceB609's gear list:BruceB609's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Voigtlander 40mm F2 Ultron SL II +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow