What lenses & bodies would you bring on vacation?

Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Blue Orca
Regular MemberPosts: 115Gear list
Like?
What lenses & bodies would you bring on vacation?
Apr 18, 2012

I have the following bodies and lenses:

Panny GF1
Panny GX1

Panny 7-14/f4
Panny 14-42X/f3.5-5.6
Panny 14-140/f4-5.8
Panny 20/f1.7
Olympus 12/f2.0
Olympus 45/f1.8

I'm trying to decide what to bring for an upcoming cruise to the northern european countries. I shoot mostly landscapes, sculptures, paintings, and people.

Last year when I was on a cruise along the US/Canada east coast, I had only a GF1+14/140 with me as I figured most of the shots would be outdoor. I was mostly right. The only times I found the setup a little inadequate was taking pictures of friends at the dinner table. This time, I expect I'll be visiting many churches and museums, hence I should bring a couple fast lenses for the indoor pics.

Right now I'm leaning towards:

1. GF1 + 14/140 for the outdoor shots

2. GX1 + Olympus 12mm for indoor wide angle shots (e.g. church ceiling, large paintings/sculptures, small room/close proximity shots)

3. Add the Olympus 45mm on the GX1 for indoor close ups, e.g. small objects at museums, portraits

What do you think? If limit to no more than 2 bodies plus 3-4 lens max, what would you pick? Thanks.

Blue

Blue Orca's gear list:Blue Orca's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Alpha 7S Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow