So is there a final word on the 14-42X zoom?

Started Apr 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
locke_fc
Contributing MemberPosts: 892
Like?
So is there a final word on the 14-42X zoom?
Apr 17, 2012

I had high hopes that this lens, coupled to a GX1 would be my new all-in-one pocketable solution. I know that many mFT bodies are pocketable with pancake primes, but I'm looking for more focal length flexibility without having to swap lenses, so a zoom is a must, and the older versions are not what I call "pocketable" by any stretch of imagination (I have handled them in shops).

Alas, from the information I've been able to find, the new 14-42X is not only much softer than the old one and the 14-45 mm Oly, but also afflicted by the double image issue pointed out by dpreview and several users.

It appears that Panasonic have not openly acknowledged the issue, so no fix seems forthcoming, and I don't see many people posting images taken with this zoom. It's a shame, really, cause my entry into mFT depended on this compact zoom.

So, are there any satisfied users with the 14-42X?
Thanks in advance

-- hide signature --

Fer

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow