Started Apr 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GeorgeD200
Regular MemberPosts: 386
Like?
Anybody using Leica M lenses on NX?
Apr 18, 2012

I'm looking for an APS-c sensor body for my Leica M lenses (and a couple of stray screwmount ones also).

I currently use them on an Olympus EP1, but I'd like a larger sensor and EVF. I'll be shooting mostly B&W, so noise isn't really a problem. I thought I'd settled on the NX10/11/20, but I recently read that some wide angle lenses like my Voigtlander 21mm f4 color skopar go too far back into the body, and won't work.

Here are my lenses:
Leica M-mount
Summicron 35mm f2
Summicron collapsible 5cm f2
Summicron 9cm f2

And my leica screw mount;
Voigtlander 21mm f4 Color-Skopar (modern Cosina-made)
Leotax 5cm f1.5
Nikon 105mm f2.5 (yes, it's a lsm)

I already have the screw-mount to Leica M adapter, as I've used these all on my Leica M3 and EP1.

Here's the biggest problem: I only have about $500-600 to spend, so the Leica digitals are out. The new Fuji is out. The Sony NEX 7 is out. The NEX 5 can't use an EVF. The Samsung NX10/20 seemed perfect, until I found out it wouldn't work with all my lenses. If I only lose the use of the 21mm, I could probably live with that, but if the Leica lenses won't work, I'm not interested.

An EVF is crucial, so the NX200 is out too. I know I'm asking for the world on a shoestring budget, but does anybody have any experience trying this? I plan to get a Leica M to NX adapter on eBay. I've had good luck with the cheap m4/3 adapters.

Thanks,
George

Olympus PEN E-P1 Samsung NX10 Samsung NX200 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow