S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday thread, 2012.04.11

Started Apr 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
BobsYourUncle
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,544Gear list
Like?
Re: Huy
In reply to huyzer, Apr 17, 2012

Yes, a lawn-mower, Dobsonian reflector telescope. I wonder what could be done with a lawn "tractor?" That may be large enough to drag around and even bigger telescope!

I actually own a pair of telescopic binoculars that I mount on a tripod. Nice 100mm objectives and easy enough to focus on some celestial objects.

BTW I am one hour from the San Bernardino Mtns. and an hour from Palm Springs and 1 1/4 hours from the high desert....all of which can be pitch dark with a clear sky.

Bob

huyzer wrote:
Hello,

Bobtheamateur wrote:

Nothing would please me more than to have some sort of setup that allows me to view the heavens. As you may guess I have a "within 1 hour" access to the mountains or desert and $25/yr buys me a membership in the local Astronomy Club that owns its own viewing area in the high desert. But it still takes a bit of effort. I am looking to lighten the load when I shoot images so when a Telescope manufacturer comes out with carbon fiber components I will be first to take a look (but that would cost a bundle).

Yes, carbon fiber anything sounds expensive in comparison to other equivalents. And nope, I didn't know you were "within 1 hour" access to mountains or deserts. That's cool when you have those options though. Awesome. My late friend told me about membership to an observatory up in L.A. when I used to chat with him. I miss him.

Did you get my other post/reply about the lawn mower mounted telescope?
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1020&message=41241959

Take care,
Huy

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AlanNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
HuyNew
TomNew
BobNew
HuyNew
TonyNew
HuyNew
TomNew
MarkNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
HuyNew
HuyNew
HuyNew
AlanNew
BobNew
MarkNew
BPKNew
TomNew
AlanNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow