Color differences ACR vs Oly V2

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
mrmut
Contributing MemberPosts: 545Gear list
Like?
Re: Color differences ACR vs Oly V2
In reply to OniMirage, Apr 17, 2012

Thanks for a nice comment; I think my Bridge is set up OK. First time when I noticed some problems were when I've photographed some intensely purple flowers. Only Viewer was able to get the colors right.

Of course, one could go the adjustments path, but I don't like the extra work. The usual process I do is just apply one settings profile, and boost the exposure if needed.

ACR is really nice and fast, especially compared to Viewer, but the color can get really unpredictable.

OniMirage wrote:

If you allow CS5 to auto correct by default all preview images will also reflect this auto correction in Bridge. In addition if you have a color profile added in CS5 that is different than the one the monitor is calibrated with this will affect the previews as well.

Edit: To add to that, assuming you have done nothing special to photoshop, your computer or camera raw settings, the default camera raw will have a tone curve pre added, sharpness pre added, brightness and contrast pre added, black level will also be, pre added. All bridge previews will view it this way as well until you open the image is x program and the color profile is saved to the raw images.

mrmut's gear list:mrmut's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-450 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 8mm 1:3.5 Fisheye +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow