D800 as a vacation cam?

Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Terje H.
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
If you can afford it, buy it!
In reply to Starred, Apr 17, 2012

Starred wrote:

I currently have a micro 43 camera-set and although it is pretty convenient for a lot of situations, the pics do not always give me the 'wow factor'.

Most of the photo's shot by the D800 on the other hand do look abolutely amazing and mostly are wow. Of course you'll need very good glass, like the 24-70 and 70-200 2.8 zooms to benefit from the superb sensor.

Would you recommend such a D800/fastzoom combo for one who primarily shoots foto's during citytrips, vacations, sportevents (kids soccer) etc? Or is it overkill and not very convenient (too large, too heavy) at all?

I will mostly shoot the same as you and I am on the list for the D800. Why? Because I can afford it and it gives me a lot of pleasure to get top quality and a lot more possibilities.

I have ordered the D800 + the 24-120 F4.0 VR. I will get the 85mm 1.8G + a flash (SB-700). Guess that will be my equipment for Italy later this summer (hope I have it before that).

I will save up for the 70-200mm F2.8 for sports and ski activities and the 14-24mm 2.8 for wide angle, that's fun.

If you can afford it, buy it.

-- hide signature --

• Terje

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow