ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Apprentice_
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Advice over 5D mkr III's lenses choice
Apr 17, 2012

Hi, Guys !

A few years ago I posted a similar thread, which now I'd like to update.

I had a EOS 5D mkr I with a few lences: EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, EF 24-70 mm - f/2.8L USM and EF 70/200 mm - f/4.0L USM. In a recent trip all my equipment was lost (stollen actually) and now I plan to replace it all over again. Since they were all covered, money is not a problem.

I shoot mostly landscape, portrait and architecture. And I love to travel, but I do like to travel light, especially regarding gear. I plan to buy the EOS 5D mkr III and four more lenses. IQ is a paramount value for me.

I'm thinking on this:

a) As a general purpose lenses:

• Canon EF 24-70mm f2.8L II USM

• Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM ( I know this one is a little heavy)

b) As a low-light architecture lens:

• Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM

c) as a prime lens with a good bokeh (for portraits):

• Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM

• Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM - (I´m a little concern about this one. The reviews worry me a bit. Should I get this one ?!)

I realize that in some cases, with my choices, I'm just updating my gear, but since I have no knowledge over non-canon equipment, I was holping that some of you could send me some advice regarding them (if are they the best lenses available ?). Comments over the karl-zeiss's lenses lineup would be deep appreciated too.

Many thanks for all (or any) comments !

--

It's the eye, not the camera, nor the lenses, the real asset of a true photographer ...

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow