The SD1 actually DOES stand up to the 645D!!

Started Apr 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
micahmedia
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Re: The SD1 actually DOES stand up to the 645D!!
In reply to cinefeel, Apr 17, 2012

This thread would be hilarious if it weren't so sad and misguided--the Moire in the beer label isn't color Moire and if you placed the SD1 close enough to recreate the relationship of pixels to image, you'd indeed get the same Moire with it. And luminance moire like that is impossible to remove in post.

Everyone here seems to have ignored the red on red fabric, on which the 645D has actually rendered individual threads and proper color. The SD1 can't render the proper colors no matter how you tweak it, and I fear this has nothing to do with it's resolution.

Until we see Adobe raw support, I feel like the SD1 is not a system that can be used properly in a production environment that requires color accuracy. I'm not seeing results here that indicate SPP is up to the task.

With only about 10% less resolution in each direction, the D800 with an AA filter is rendering that as smooth green AND rendering threads in the fabric AND rendering the colors accurately. AND it has a complete system of lenses (although I wouldn't knock the selection or quality of Sigma lenses at all.)

-- hide signature --

-Micah
micahmedia.com (please send feedback/comments!)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow