E-PM1 is here... Insane complexity of menus !!!

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
clengman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,305Gear list
Like?
Re: Turn on SCP (Super Control Panel)
In reply to clengman, Apr 17, 2012

So I just saw a video showing how the SCP works on the E-P3. Looks like the problem with the e-pl1 is not the SCP but lack of a control dial. Unless there's some way to change the value of a setting in the SCP without leaving the SCP. I'm I missing something? Otherwise I maintain that the Live Control is far more convenient than the SCP... at least on the e-pl1. It seems the same would be the case on the e-pm1, no?

clengman wrote:

I'm not trying to bait anyone here. I like my e-pl1 a lot, but I don't like the SCP. The settings I change frequently are all in the live control and I find it much easier to change the settings this way than with the SCP.

For instance, if I move from indoors to outside maybe I want to change my WB, ISO and flash behavior. In the live control I can run right down the list and change each setting without having to enter the menu multiple times. With the SCP I have to select one setting to change, change it, then I'm booted out of the SCP. I have to press "OK" again, then select a value to change again then change it again then I get booted out of the SCP again then press "OK" again ... you get my point right? For what functions/settings is SCP really useful? I don't get it.

Just Having Fun wrote:

Turn on SCP (Super Control Panel), and turn off the other stuff.

The SCP lets you see all the settings and quickly change them.

clengman's gear list:clengman's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow