I was yelled at for not using "L" glass.

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
happysnapper62
happysnapper62 Contributing Member • Posts: 950
Re: Sadly, I know the type...

AJohn wrote:

...they are present in every activity in which I partake. It really shows how inferior they are deep inside. They have to drag others down to make themselves look big.

Happily, I only encounter the other end of the spectrum. I have the 17-55, but I mostly shoot with the 70-200 f/4. I usually get people raving about my lens and how special it must be. Then they show their camera and say how all they have is a little P&S.

I just tell them that the lens isn't that special, is very affordable, that they have a nice camera and that I too, have a P&S in my bag (truth, old Oly C750) and love to shoot pictures with it all the time.

I have only recently started in photography after giving up golf after 35 years, & it was just as bad with golfers & their gear. It was always a joy to see a good buddy of mine play one of these snooty gear freaks, & their £1500 set of Callaways, Taylor Made, Ping etc, him with his "bag of scrap metal", as he called his gear, & whipe the floor with them. Hillarious! Fortunatelly I aint met the camera crackpots yet, but thers still time!! lee uk

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ATR
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow