Not a cat or a dog pic - D7K w/ 105VR

Started Apr 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
mholguin
Regular MemberPosts: 145
Like?
Re: Not a cat or a dog pic - D7K w/ 105VR
In reply to dominikpl72, Apr 17, 2012

Dominik:

Printing large scale is not a cure. Comparing sharpness on screen and on print are not comparable; If you produce a 24x20 print, you won't look at it at 18 inches, but at a couple of feet at least. At that distance, you just won't see any difference.

I'm not sure I understand your remark on DoF.

And please don't, take it personal. I'm not attacking you.

PS Please, one of these days print something as big as you can, and you'll see my point.

Marino

dominikpl72 wrote:
Only one more sentence from me:

Why do You suggest "Print out 24x20" as a cure ?

What is not sharp on the reduced-size screen wersion definetely will not be sharp on 24x20 print... So my remark becomes actual even more for print-out version

My remark about the amount of DOF was about the people who already know that shallow DOF exists but do not use it correctly taking into consideration the parameters given in particular case: lens focla length, focusing distance, etc.

Greetings.

Dominik

mholguin wrote:

Not meaning to be polemic, but that's disturbing; I think we are focusing too much on the technical aspects of photography, instead of the art behind it.

Too much DoF better than too little? The danger is some people will read this and take as an axiom. The amount of "correct" DoF will vary according to both subject and background, but more importantly on the composition.

Print that very same image at 24x20 and it will look gorgeous...

Stop counting pixels on you monitor and start printing on paper... you'll be surprised...

Marino

dominikpl72 wrote:

Nice colors, but technically - I find the lack of sharpness on guinea pig eyes and nose distracting. Not long ago I have heard and I totally agree with te following rule: too much DOF is always better than too little DOF. Just my remark

-- hide signature --

greetings from Poland
Dominik
http://dominik.4me.pl

-- hide signature --

greetings from Poland
Dominik
http://dominik.4me.pl

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow