ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sunnybathurst
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Single point focus issue D90
Apr 17, 2012

Hi,

Recently out taking portrait photos of some kids and had this problem. I'd set my single focus point on the child's eyes, only to discover when getting home that the hairclip was in focus, or the side of a chair.. or something OTHER that what I was focused on.

I wasn't using the centre focus and recomposing, I was toggling the focus point.

I've done this on previous occasions and had crsytal clear eyes and perfect results.

Today, the results were shocking. Nearly every photo I took is blurry in the eyes of the subject.

My Shutter speed was at 1/320, so I would have thought that would have been ok for handheld, f/2.5 for nice DOF, and ISO500, cloudy day.

This seems to have happened a bit lately, the D90 just doesn't focus on what I'm telling it too.. it's like I choose a point and then it choose to the left or right of it, when I'm not moving.
I was using an 85mm and a 50mm 1.4 lens.

I'd appreciate anyone's insight into this, and whether others have had the same problem with this camera?

Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow