ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Birtok
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Panasonic 3D1 - struggling with video playback
Apr 17, 2012

Hi guys,

Just bought the camera on Saturday, and still going thru a bit of a learning curve here... so apols if I missed something obvious. Camera is nice enough, and picture viewing is easy, both full color on Sony Bravia 3D (using PS3 Playmemories and Sony glasses), and anaglyphic on PC (using stereophotomaker and r/c glasses ).

3D video is another matter. So for I haven't managed to get it to work - any ideas?

-> Sony Bravia 3D TV:

-PS3 can play back the avchd files ( .m2ts format) from a USB stick, but only does so in sbs, not in 3D. Playmemories Studio doesn't even recognize the format. Did I miss something?

-plugging a USB card directly into the TV yields the same result... sbs only.

-I haven't yet tried to connect the camera directly to the TV, as I would need to buy a mini HDMI cable - seems cumbersome and I doubt it'll work, so I am not even going to try. Same for burning clips onto a DVD and play that thru the PS3. Too cumbersome, I can't be bothered.

-> PC: I'd want to create hardcoded r/c mpegs - so far without success

-Camera comes with photofunstudio, which allows editing and/or creating a 2D mpeg, nothing more

-Uploading onto Youtube would allow viewing in various anaglyph formats, I think, but I do not necessarily want to share family videos with the whole globe

-creating a hardcoded anaglyph mpeg would be ideal, but how? stereovideomaker 1.4 doesn't recognize the avc HD format; Adobe Premiere CS5 and Sony Vegas seem overkill in terms of time and money; Roxio Creator 2012 might be an option? Multiavchd 4.1 doesn't work. Any other ideas?

Thanks for having a look and sharing your thoughts,

Greetings from Antwerp, Philip

Panasonic Lumix DMC-3D1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow