ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Davethepom
Regular MemberPosts: 320
Like?
SPP 5.2.1 on MAX OS-X 10.7.3 (Lion)
Apr 17, 2012

Hi all,

So far I've had 71 crash logs created when using SPP 5.2.1 on my mac. I've sent 7 crash reports to Sigma Support - who are helping where they can to try & replicate my issues.

I've re-installed SPP from the disk that came with my SD1M, from the web site & last night I even re-installed the complete OS-X operating system on my Mac.

Here are some of the steps to get my SPP to crash, but all seem to entail the selection of the "full-res" button prior to doing a "save as" either in jpeg or tif.

here-s a few steps to reproduce the issue

1. Opening the folder (directory) where X3F files are saved.
2. Selecting several X3F files.
3. Clicking "Save Image As" button and opening the dialog of "Save Image As".
4. Setting the Adjustment Mode to "Auto"
5. Clicking OK button and start the saving files.
6. Waiting until the processing finish.
7. Clicking Review button and open the Review window.
8. Waiting until the progress bar shows finishing processing.
9. Clicking "Full Res" button.
10. Then you experience Crash.

OR:

1. Clicking "Full Res" button.
2. Magnifying image to 100% by using the Magnification Loupe.
3. Changing the "Adjustment Setting" to Auto.

4. Changing the exposure by using slider for the exposure in the Adjustment Mode.

Here's a few portions of correspondence.

1)
Hi again Support.

Lat night I completely re-installed the whole 10.7 LION operating system on my mac. I then re-installed 5.2.1 SPP and it worked for about three minutes.

Opened a .X3F, saved it as a custom on the desktop (8 bit tif), then opened the .tif file and attempted to "auto" adjust it.

Process: SIGMA Photo Pro [7230]

Path: Applications/SIGMA Photo Pro/SIGMA Photo Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/SIGMA Photo Pro
Identifier: com.sigmaphoto.photopro
Version: 5.2.1 (4.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: launchd [160] etc...

2)

Today's "hot off the press" crash was after selecting files as normal, and selecting -2 sharpness, then selecting "full res". As soon as I increased the "zoom" level from 61% (default) to 200% I got this. By the way, I completely deleted all SPP and also the .pref files and re-installed it (as root) from the 5.2 install disk that came with my SD1M. Still the same issue.

Process: SIGMA Photo Pro [29298]

Path: Applications/SIGMA Photo Pro/SIGMA Photo Pro.app/Contents/MacOS/SIGMA Photo Pro
Parent Process: launchd [151] etc...

3)
Hi again support,

I think I've narrowed the issue down to when saving a .X3F as tif or jpeg WITH the "full res" button depressed & after having changed the default zoom to something other than default. The program seems to get locked in a loop. Looking at the CPU percentages on a 8 cores on my mac, I see that a single "save as" with all of the above criterion happening can take about THREE MINUTES, during which time the processor CPU's cycle between 1 core at 100% for about 20 seconds, then ALL 8 cores at 100% for the same time period. Then the "processing bar" on the save as screen moves backwards slightly and the whole cycle begins again. It takes 4 or 5 cycles before the file is completely saved.

This gets worse if you stay in "full res" and edit mode, when saving any subsequent files.

NOTE: if I use the "batch save as" command with no full res & no edit mode. It's much quicker and doesn't crash either!

4)

Hi,

Na, there's no steps between 2 # 3. Basically I auto saved the images as jpeg's) and then clicked on the review button to further edit some of the under exposed pictures. I can usually do that with no issue, its only when selecting "full res" when it usually crashes.,,

Regards Dave Stewart.

p.s. There's another couple of pre requisites. I normally store "lots" of .X3F files in a single directory, which must exasperate the load time of all of the thumbnails etc. Or, I load the .X3F files directly from the CF card, which is also a bad practice

5)
Hello again,

1 Select the directory where all of my SD1 .X3F files are located.
2 Pick a "few" .X3F files and select "auto save as"
3 Double click on the "review"
4 Select "full res"

Process: SIGMA Photo Pro [7630]

Parent Process: launchd [151] etc...

Is anyone else having similar issues with SPP 5.2.1 on OS-X 10.7.n?

Apart from that, I'm loving the SD1M

Sigma SD1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow