Started Apr 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hazwing
Regular MemberPosts: 101
Like?
How to create that 'endless' perspective/feel
Apr 17, 2012

I hope this is the right place to post this.

Here are a couple of photos I took while I was in japan using a canon s90. It's a compact camera, so I understand it has it's limitations. I've recently bought a canon 600d dlsr and hope to learn to shoot better with it.

I feel what I wanted to convey with some of my photo's in japan wasn't expressed well. It's hard to describe what I want to say... but I wanted to create that 'endless' line feel to these pictures.

I wanted the photos of the stairs to seem endless and express how much walking and distance was required to get to the top.

I wanted the line of statues to seem like they extend very far... I feel this is achieved a little bit better in the second statue photo, but this partly because there were a lot more statues in this section of the walk.

Once again I wanted to achieve a similar thing with the lanterns on the second photo. I feel it is somewhat expressed, but lacks the impact I had when I was there in person. I believe in this shot I tried a high aperture number to get more of the lanterns in focus.

So advice on how to achieve this affect is appreciated... how to compose the shot, aperture settings, etc.

Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5) Canon PowerShot S90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow