Apply Nikon Film look to Canon Photographs
Where to begin?
1) Wrong forum this one is for Nikon P&S style cameras (I know the title is confusing but the other Nikon forums are next to it in the list), perhaps try a Lightroom forum.
2) I genuinely do not understand the question, either show example images or show the type of equipment you are trying to replicate the look of.
3) I know this is heresy on DPR but the craft of photography is mastered by learning to get the most out of your equipment, not by shopping.
4) Using OOC JPEGs Nikon and Canon can produce different types of colour saturation, but by starting with RAW it is possible to achieve either look given an image from either camera. If you prefer the OOC look from Canon then shoot Canon.
5) Canon colours plasticy? A bit harsh but I tend to agree.